Part-time | Anywhere in India
Action For India's mission is to help social innovators in India overcome barriers to scale and achieve greater impact at the Bottom of the Pyramid. AFI connects social innovators with impact investors, mentors, technology resources, government contacts and local partners. AFI is headquartered in New Delhi, India and has a chapter in Silicon Valley, California. Launched in 2012, AFI is inspired and guided by Sam Pitroda, Former Adviser to the Prime Minister of India. AFI’s financial supporters include Desh Deshpande, Former Adviser to the US President Barack Obama & Founder of the Deshpande Foundation.Action For India seeks a consultant who can support us with grant writing and proposal development in order to build a stable funding base that allows us to focus on delivering high quality field work.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other donor organizations, persuasively communicating the organisation’s mission and programs.
- Conduct research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Ensure timely submission of proposals and reports.
The pay is modest as we are an India-based social start-up. The pay will be a combination of a fixed retainer fee with a variable component of success fee. This position is for 3 months but is extendable further depending on the performance of the candidate and our requirement. Candidates based out of Bangalore will be preferred.
The ideal candidate should have the following key skills:
- 7-8+ years of prior experience in fundraising / grant development
- Solid track record in grant writing with leading organisations in the development sector
- Good understanding of the development sector
- Understanding of the donor landscape in India and oversees
- Ability to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and highly-organized
- Ability to meet deadlines
Experience: 7+ years
Qualification: Post Graduate or Higher